Friday, February 1, 2013

Birthday

It’s really hard to believe that the first month of 2013 is over. I’ve been so busy; I haven’t had time to reflect on anything important.


Last weekend I celebrated another birthday. Let me tell you that getting old is for the barps. Some people think that when you get to be my age, birthdays are not as relevant. I think EVERYONE deserves to celebrate their birthday and feel special even for just one day. This just so happened to be one of the best birthdays I have ever had. Not because of the presents I got or the things I did, but because of the people who shared it with me.




Sometimes I wonder what I did in my past life to have such amazing people in my life who really care about me. For me, friendship is a great priority. You see I moved away from home at a very young age so my friends became a sort of makeshift family. Don’t get me wrong, my immediate family is incredibly supportive & loving, but it’s very hard when they all live in other cities. My friends became the people who helped me move (even in the middle of summer), helped me during a break-up (there were lots of those), helped me when I had car trouble (lots of that too), etc. There are no words for how grateful I am to know such wonderful people. Thank you all for everything.


To be honest, I didn’t even expect any gifts for my birthday since I was lucky enough to round everyone up for dinner and karaoke. That’s a big enough commitment in of itself. However, I managed to get some really lovely gifts. I also got several pug birthday cards which is interesting because who would’ve thought there were so many different birthday cards with pugs on them. You guys really know what I like. Also, this past weekend I went to Guzu Gallery to peruse this H.R. Giger book of artwork based on the Necronomicon, as I have several times before. When I got there on Saturday afternoon it was gone. I kept thinking, “Who the fuck else would want that damn book besides me?” It turns out Kenny was there mere hours before and bought it FOR ME!!! What a surprise! I also got some gift cards to my favorite places (Coffee Bean & the comic book shop), some tea, artwork, comic books, and booze which are all things I love.



Thanks to everyone who came out to celebrate with me and to those who sent me lots of love and birthday wishes. You cannot imagine how much I appreciate it!

No comments:

Post a Comment