Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Wish List 2012

Every year I post a wish list of things I would not mind receiving for Xmas, Hanukah, Kwanzaa, New Year, or my birthday (Jan 27). I usually don't ever get anything on the list which is fine. I am by no means in need of anything. To be honest, I have everything I need: a safe, lovely home, a decent job, good people in my life, my dog, and a big flat screen TV. I really am grateful for the amazing things and people I have around me. Everyday I thank my lucky stars. What more could a girl ask for (besides a new car)? Anyway, without further adieu, here is my wish list.

Pug
As you know, I love dogs. I love my dog, Spike more than anything. I have so much love for dogs that I really need another one to share that love with. My plan is to move to a bigger home with more space for two dogs and two humans to be comfortable. I also plan on adopting a pug. I cannot understand how anyone would consider buying a dog when there are so many in shelters that need homes. There are also several breed specific rescues that have purebred dogs for adoption. You just need to do a little research, which you should do regardless when you get a new pet. My family has always had multiple pets. I grew up with dogs, cats, turtles, lizards, snakes, fish, rabbits, birds, and a pig. If there's anything I am good at, it's taking care of animals. I don't care if it's a fawn pug, apricot pug, black pug, or white pug; I just want one to call my own!


Hanging Balcony Grill
Just because we're on the Green Team doesn't mean we can't grill! A small grill like this is perfect for a couple veggie burgs & hot dogs. Those big fancy grills are way too intimidating for me. I need something small and petite, like me.


Hello Kitty Chia Pet
I'm a big fan of Chia Pets since they seem to be the only plant I am incapable of killing. I have a Chia Garfield, Chia Crocodile, and Chia Herb Garden. They're pretty easy to take care of.


Salt & Pepper Grinder
I'm by no means a fancy chef or anything, but I have come to realize that fresh ground pepper is one if the best things to grace my kitchen. I'm looking for a good quality pepper mill, not one from The Dollar Tree (nothing against Dollar Tree). The Spice shop I sometimes frequent has a wide range of peppercorns that I am dying to try.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Series Collection
When I was a little girl, the first major purchase I ever made was a foam chair of Leonardo (my favorite turtle). I paid for the chair all by myself via layaway (remember that). Every day after school, I'd rush home to fix myself a baked potato (latchkey kid), sit in my chair, and watch Ninja Turtles. It was probably one of the happiest times of my life. Recently, I went to the Alamo for the Secret of the Ooze All-You-Can-Eat pizza party with Ernie Reyes Jr. in attendance. It was a dream come true for 10yr old me. When I saw that they finally made a collection of the whole cartoon series, my head almost exploded. IT COMES IN A TURTLE VAN! I actually might NEED this.


Home Decorating Items
I will actually be moving to a bigger place at the end of the year. I generally despise moving, but I'm actually looking forward to it this time. New home, new start, new stuff. I could use some new accent pieces to liven up my new place.

Cthulhu Bust
Because we all need to call upon the dark forces every now and then. This would be a lovely piece for my living room.


Twenty Years of Tarantino Poster
I definitely have a big poster collection, mostly movie posters. This one is just too cool to pass up and would really compliment my INGLOURIOUS BASTERDS print. Unfortunately, it's sold through Mondo and those prints are gone before you can recite Ezekiel 25:17. They usually end up on ebay for three times as much. I cannot imagine a world without QT. He has definitely made my world a lot cooler. Lately, there's been much talk about his retirement and I call bullshit on it. QT has too much fire in him to just walk away from directing. What's he gonna do? Start making weird music & wood furniture like David Lynch. No he's not, he's going to keep making amazing films for people like me who appreciate & respect that fire.


Skull Chair
This chair is pretty Goth, but then again so am I.


Evil Dead Dress
I consider EVIL DEAD the other holy trilogy. I even read the Necronomicon in high school, which was a lot more difficult than I anticipated. I used to love Sam Raimi, but now he has ventured into George Lucas territory. I won't get too into this remake business, but I will say it is a bad idea. Regardless of how I feel about Raimi & Bruce Campbell's current project, this dress is amazing. I would wear it with pride!


Xenomorph Ring
What better way to show an appreciation for the Queen Mother than with this delightful ring.


Wherever this holiday season takes you, I hope it's a happy one. I hope you get to spend it with the ones you love because the end of the world is only 30 days away.

1 comment: