Sunday, June 17, 2012

Prometheus

Most of you have seen PROMETHEUS by now and are well aware of the tragic descent the film takes after the first half. It's no secret I am not a Ridley Scott fan, But I did expect more from him. I think Scott is a self-indulgent, racist prick who suffers from James Cameron syndrome. Originally, I intended to write a review of this fiasco, but then I read the piece on Badass Digest. Honestly, I could not have said it better than Sam Strange. I only wish I could write with such eloquence! Instead I will talk about other stuff. If you do in fact see PROMETHEUS, be sure to see it at the Alamo Drafthouse. The pre-show is great and worth the ticket price. You get to see all the viral videos that were floating around before the release and a lot of other funny videos made by fans. Also, DO NOT see it in 3D. Honestly guys, 3D is as played out as every single DARK KNIGHT RISES trailer I have seen for the last 2yrs. Speaking of, I just don't even care anymore about DARK KNIGHT RISES (not that I really did before)! I'm just so sick of seeing Ratwoman and Logan Marshall-Bane. Also, I came to realize that JGL is in every fucking summer blockbuster of 2012. Not that I'm complaining; I love JGL's superior acting skills. I have heard decent things about this LOOPER film, although, the trailer looked kinda lame. Then we saw a trailer for PREMIUM RUSH, and I kinda thought it was a funny joke the Alamo was playing on us. Nope, JGL stars in a film that's basically SPEED but on a bicycle. I have not heard that much laughter from a crowd since the last Mr. Sinus screening I went to. Does anyone else think this latest SPIDERMAN reboot is a total joke? Have you seen the trailer? It looks awful! It's very disappointing because I really like Andrew Garfield. I think he has a ton of potential, but this role couldn't be more wrong for him. I'm a big fan of H.R. Giger's exquisite art. PROMETHEUS reminded me how brilliant and ahead of his time he is. In the end, PROMETHEUS is visually stunning, but the script leaves something to be desired. Most of the audience began laughing as the credits rolled. I left the theater longing to re-visit ALIEN & ALIENS which is what Ridley Scott should have done instead of making this film.

1 comment:

  1. Totally! This was a really pretty car crash I just couldn't resist plunking down my money to witness. Your warnings not withstanding.

    I also feel like if I added up all the damn Dark Knight teaser material and footage of them filming the fucking thing by people with camera phones, it would be longer than the actual film.

    ReplyDelete